The eight young pipers through to the final of this year’s MacGregor Memorial Piobaireachd competition are:
- Bobby Allen, Chryston (Lament for the Viscount of Dundee)
- Alistair Bevan, Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada (The MacKay’s Banner)
- Callum Bevan, Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada (The MacLeod’s Salute)
- Hamish Drennan, Drumnadrochit (The Red Speckled Bull)
- Luke Kennedy, Strathaven (Lady MacDonald’s Lament)
- Cameron May, Lesmahagow (The King’s Taxes)
- Anna Smart, Auchtermuchty (Lament for the Iolaire)
- Brodie Watson-Massey, Edinburgh (The Rout of the Lowland Captain)
The judges were Willie McCallum and Roddy MacLeod MBE. Murray Henderson and Dr. Angus MacDonald will judge the final.
A total of 27 pipers entered for the competition. The eight who go through to the final now have around a week to submit their new submissions. This is the second year in which the competition has taken place by video submission.
The final result will be announced on August 25. The ‘MacGregor’ is promoted by the Highland Society of London and organised by the Argyllshire Gathering.