The official closing date for all solo piping entries at the Atholl Gathering is next Sunday, May 14, but the C Grade Piobairaichd entry is full and now closed. There is still room for entries in the B and A/Professional/Open Piobaireachd competitions.
The entry form can be found here.
The full competition details are as follows:
- Senior entries will be capped at 60.
- Registration opens 0930, and closes 1030.
- Competitions start at 1030.
- Adult competitions are Piobaireachd, MSR & Hornpipe/Jig.
- Competitors to submit three tunes, on the day, for each discipline (except H/J – own choice).
- Finalists in the H/J are required to submit a different H/J to the set played in the qualifying leet.
- The piobaireachd competitions are graded C, B and Open (A/P and non CPA members)
- The light music competitions (MSR & H/J) are open, each with two seeded leets, top five from each leet qualify for the finals.
- Junior competitions are U18.
- Juniors may enter for Piobaireachd, MSR & Jig. Own choice for each discipline.
Contact the Atholl Gathering on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07730666168. Those who enter but do not attend and who do not inform the Atholl Gathering organisers, will not have their entries accepted for next year.
From the Friday prior to the Gathering (Fri 26th), all communications are to be made to the Chief Steward, Alistair Duthie, on 07908 030188