This year’s Glenfiddich returns to Blair Castle on October 30. The prestigious 48th annual solo piping event will welcome a full live audience to the Perthshire venue’s Victorian ballroom whilst also being livestreamed.
Callum Beaumont, as the overall winner of the 2021 Masters Competition, a qualifying event, receives an invite. As the 2020 Glenfiddich champion, Stuart Liddell also receives an invite
The other competitors were chosen based on previous achievements at the Glenfiddich Piping Championship. The ten invited pipers, therefore, are:
- Stuart Liddell, Inveraray, Scotland (defending champion)
- Callum Beaumont, Bo’ness, Scotland (2021 Masters winner)
- Angus MacColl, Benderloch, Scotland
- Jack Lee, British Columbia, Canada
- Roddy MacLeod MBE, Moodiesburn, Scotland
- Willie McCallum, Bearsden, Scotland
- Finlay Johnston, Glasgow, Scotland
- Iain Speirs, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Glenn Brown, Glasgow, Scotland
- Connor Sinclair, Crieff. Scotland.
The Championship will get underway at 10:00am on Saturday, October 30 and with limited availability on the door at Blair Castle, tickets are being encouraged to be purchased in advance for the in-person show. Tickets are £15 per person or £12 for a concession and can be secured HERE.
A limited number of tickets for the ceilidh, priced at £60 per person, are also available for purchase along with competition tickets. The online broadcast is priced at £15 and will be available to view for one week after it is first streamed.
Those who reserve a ticket in advance, both in-person or online, will be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win a set of bagpipes, Piping Live! 2022 festival passes and a host of other goodies.
The judges are John Wilson, Dr Jack Taylor, Captain Stuart Samson (Retd) for the Piobaireachd and Iain MacFadyen, Willie Morrison and Ian Duncan for the March, Strathspey and Reel. Bob Worrall will be Fear an Tighe.
The Glenfiddich Piping Championship was established in 1974. Run by The National Piping Centre and funded through the William Grant Foundation, the event is held annually at Blair Castle in Blair Atholl, Perthshire.
• Tickets for the Glenfiddich Piping Championship 2021 are on sale now at www.thepipingcentre.co.uk/glenfiddich.https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/glenfiddich-piping-championship-2021-blair-castle-tickets/11335935