The SCOTS PGC College in Warwick, Queensland, Australia has a job opportunity for a ‘Pipe Band Master’. Sandy Dalziel has been the Pipe Master since 2005 and has taken the band to many local, national and international events and competitions, but there is room to grow the band further. The College welcome applications from both piping and drumming tutors as the role can be restructured to suit the right person.
Warwick is a rural area in southeast Queensland, around 100 miles from the state capital, Brisbane, and the tourist attractions of Gold Coast City.
The closing date for applications is October 6, and the post will commence in January 2024. More information from the College can be found below, and a link to the job application can be found here.
SCOTS PGC College has a long-standing Pipes and Drums Band which forms part of the fabric of our school community. The Pipes and Drums draws students from across our Junior, Middle and Senior Schools and provides opportunities for students to compete and perform at local, national and international events.
Working closely with our students, parents and other staff, the Head of Pipes and Drums will oversee the music, instruction and logistical aspects of the band.
This is a full-time role to commence in early 2024.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- A passion for working with young people in an educational context.
- The ability to create strong, professional relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- The ability to co-ordinate a school-based music program.
- The ability to effectively manage the safety and compliance aspects of the program.
- A working knowledge of performance and competition pathways and opportunities for pipers and drummers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well-developed organisational skills.
- The ability to provide instruction to students in piping and/or drumming.
- The ability to obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children Check) is essential.
We are a co-educational day and boarding school in a beautiful rural setting on the outskirts of the city of Warwick, about two hours from the state capital, Brisbane. With a student population from Prep to Year 12, we offer a uniquely personalised education where both breadth and balance are features of our program.
An integral element of College life is our emphasis on character development. We want our students to challenge themselves to reach their full potential. Therefore, it is no wonder that people often say – this is the school where country values inspire excellence!