Roddy MacLeod MBE was awarded the Bratach Gorm last night by the Scottish Piping Society of London, November 3, in the Caledonian Club in Belgravia.
Roddy’s win means he is the second invitee to next year’s Glenfiddich Championships, joining last weeks Glenfiddich winner Callum Beaumont.
Am Bratach Gorm (The Blue Banner) has a long and distinguished history and is for those pipers who have won a Highland Society of London Gold Medal or the William Gillies Cup at London. The full result from last night was:
- Roddy MacLeod – The Old Men of the Shells
- Finlay Johnston – Lament for the Earl of Antrim
- Angus MacColl – Nameless, cherede darievea
- Callum Beaumont – Lament for MacLeod of Colbeck
- Bruce Gandy – Lachlan MacNeill Campbell of Kintarbert’s Fancy
Judges: Patricia Henderson, Bill Wotherspoon and Robert Barnes
A full day of Scottish Piping Society of London competitions has now begun today, Saturday, November 4, and full details of competitions and competitors can be found here.